ENCOURAGE YOURSELF!

 

                      

David was in great danger; for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in spirit for their sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.                                                                             I Samuel: 30:6 (NRSV)

There is a song by Donald Lawrence that has as a part of it's lyrics, "Sometimes you have to encourage yourself.  Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test." The song, Encourage Yourself, can be found on YouTube. I found myself reflecting on those words last weekend when I hit a head space where I had not been in years, however,  I refused to stay there.  Just as David, I chose to encourage myself.  We always have the choice of staying there or re-directing our focus.

There are times when the Lord will encourage you through others coming beside you to give perspective or by "standing in the gap" in prayer with and for you.  There are times when the Holy Spirit will drop a scripture or song in your mind or remind you of someone's testimony of overcoming.   But there are those times and roads that we must sometimes travel alone when we have two choices.  We can either succumb to focusing on whatever the issue may be and have a pity party, or we can put ourselves in rememberance of Whom we serve and His track record of never failing.  I chose to focus on His promises because God is bigger than anything that is bigger than me.

If you for some reason find yourself in a similar head space, here are a few scriptures that I highly recommend.

Blessings.

~CWP~

John 16:33 / Hebrews 13:5 / Phi. 4:5b  / II Cor. 4: 16-18 / 1 Cor. 10:13



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim, The God of Creation

PASSION WEEK/HOLY WEEK

We Need This C.O.F.F.E.E.