SHOULD I FOLLOW MY HEART?!

                                 SHOULD I FOLLOW MY HEART?!

                     

For most of my life, I believed that if I followed my heart I would not/could not go wrong; that my heart would always lead me to make the right decisions.   However, when I read Jeremiah 17:9-10, I realized that what I believed was not Biblical at all.  Wow.

The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?  I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.  Jeremiah 17:9-10 (NKJV)

According to The International Standard Bible Dictionary, deceit is "The intentional misleading or beguiling of another; in Scripture represented as a companion of many other forms of wickedness as cursing, hatred, theft, covetousness, adultery, murder".

Matthew Henry's Commentary puts it this way.  "Those who trust in their own righteousness and strength, and think they can do without Christ, make flesh their arm, and their souls cannot prosper in graces or comforts.  We cannot know our own hearts, nor what they will do in an hour of temptation." 

My lesson in this is that I must seek the Lord's Will in every situation and decision...even when it seems contrary to what I think. 

The lessons in this for me were two-fold.  First,  I cannot trust my heart.  Secondly, I must seek the Lord's Will in every situation and His guidance in every decision, fully trusting Him even when I don't understand.  The answer to my question is "No"!

Blessings.

~CWP~




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim, The God of Creation

PASSION WEEK/HOLY WEEK

We Need This C.O.F.F.E.E.