NIGHT OWL??


                                                                            

NIGHT OWL

It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep.     Psalm 127:2  NKJV

                                                                             

                                                                         
For most of my life, I considered myself  a "night owl" because late at night and the wee hours of the morning that followed were the times when I was the most alert, focused, and productive. 

As I have matured,  I have come to realize the importance of self-care and having balance in my life.  Balance always seemed illusive to me.  I have learned that not getting enough sleep eventually begins to affect longevity or length of days.  It's like lighting a candle on both ends causing it to burn (up) twice as fast.  The flames meet in the middle, and the candle is completely used up.  One infalable truth is that when we know better we have a responsibilty as itelligent beings to do better by making the necessary changes.   

Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given by God?  You do not belong to yourself,  1 Corinthians 6:19 (NLT).   In my research, I learned adults need a minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep each night.  I wasn't getting anything close to that.  That restorative sleep allows our bodies to fix tissue, make hormones, boost our immunity, reduce stress, and grow muscle.  Lack of sleep is also said to cause one to be hungry.  Who needs that?!

One of the commitments that I have made to myself is to take better care of my temple by getting at least 8 hours of sleep, and making other healthy changes.  How well are you taking care of your temple?

Blessings.

~CWP~




                                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim, The God of Creation

PASSION WEEK/HOLY WEEK

We Need This C.O.F.F.E.E.