Lord, Don't Move My Mountains?!?

    

"Can a woman forget her nursing child,  And not have compassion on the son of her womb?  Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you.  See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands..."                         

                                                        Isaiah 49:3 NKJV                                                                                                                       (The emphasis is mine.)

My love of music is no secret, but over the years, I have come to question whether some of the things we have been taught and words of some of our songs are actually grounded in scripture. 

                                                     

                            Photo by Kalen Emsley on Unsplash

I was in my bed writhing in pain.  In my head, I kept hearing a portion of a song that I often heard in church while growing up.    The words are 🎶"Lord, don't move my mountain, but give me the strength to climb,  And Lord, don't take away my stumbling blocks, But lead me all around..."🎶  (Written by D. Akers)  It made me feel that I was not to bother the Lord by asking Him to help or heal me, but that I should be strong enough to "tough it out!"😕.   I tried to do that.  I really did, but with no success.

I was exhausted.  My body felt like it had been in a fight and the other person won.  In desperation, I whispered, "Lord, please help me!" I felt the pain literally "drain" out of my body.  In that moment, I heard in my spirit, "Don't you know that I delight to do for my children?"  I was comforted by knowing that nothing is too trivial for me to bring to Him because of His great love for me as His child. 

Somestimes it is as simple as *we do not receive (an answer, a break though, etc) because we do not ask our generous Father Whose Love for us is unwavering.

Blessings.

~CWP~

*James 4:2.  ESV. "...You do not have, because you do not ask."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim, The God of Creation

PASSION WEEK/HOLY WEEK

We Need This C.O.F.F.E.E.