HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!



 1 Corinthians 13:4  AMP

Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant.


Its that time of the year and season (which starts with Thanksgiving) when many will either greet you with "Happy Holidays!" or say that as they leave.  There are some Believers, however,  who become upset because they see that as an intentional effort to take "Christ out of Christmas".   Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would like to offer a different perspective.

🎄 Perhaps we can give people the benefit of the doubt and accept that there are other important events which coincide with the Christmas season including Hanakkuk, Advent,  and Kwanzaa.  It's just possible that these individuals are being considerate of the fact that they don't know which of these special days each person they meet may persoally observe.  "Happy Holidays!" covers them all.  Sometime to think about.

In the spirit of transparency, I was one who would write Xmas as a shortcut instead of spelling the entire word until a minister/coworker commented that it was taking Christ out of Christmas.  At first, I balked at that until I really thought about it.  When we "X" out a word, we are deleting that word.  Although my motivation was that it was just a shortcut for me in writing, my spirit began to convict me.  So, for me, it is wrong, however, I do not project my conviction on others.


Blessings to You & Yours!

~Coretta~







Hanukkah Sunday after Thanksgiving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim, The God of Creation

PASSION WEEK/HOLY WEEK

We Need This C.O.F.F.E.E.