DISCOURAGED? SAD? There is HOPE!

 

Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise Him again--my Savior and my God!

Psalm 42:5 (NLT)


Photo by Luis Galvez on Unsplash

Until a college mate challenged me to look where I was going when walking around campus, I did not realize something about myself.  I walked with my head down. I came to recognize that as a reflection of what I had felt inside for most of my life.  Until then, I was unaware that I did that.  The few times since then when I have allowed myself to be vulnerable enough to share this about myself with someone else in a conversation, I was met with disbelief, which surprised me.  


Shortly after that realization, I was challenged again (or so it seemed) during a professional development session at my job.  Little did I know that this "challenge" was also what I needed to hear.  The presenter (who did not know any of us) stopped mid sentence, looked straight at me, and said “You have no reason to walk with your head down because you are made in the very image of God!”  He then went on with his presentation without missing a beat, leaving me stunned!


I am confident that the Holy Spirit used him (without his knowledge) to encourage me right when and where I needed it.  Don’t you  love it when the Holy Spirit does that?!  It took me a while to process and embrace that truth, but I did. It has been quite a journey, but I  am no longer that person carrying that weight because I now know who I am and Whose I am.


If you have allowed others to negatively define you or your worth, strive to discover who God says you are and to see yourself the way He sees you.  He is the God who sees you (Genesis 16:13) and loves you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3)!!  If you are a Believer, here are a few hints of how He sees you and thinks of you. You are His Beloved (1 John 3:2); you are the apple of His eye (Psalm 17:8); He rejoices over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:17); His plans are to prosper you and give you a hope/future (Jeremiah 29:17).


Blessings.

~CWP~


A glad heart makes a happy face; but a broken heart crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 15:13 (NLT)


Comments

  1. Awesome, love this lesson which I’m sure will not be forgotten! Look up and live, is good for all of us! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim, The God of Creation

PASSION WEEK/HOLY WEEK

We Need This C.O.F.F.E.E.