"CAN'T TOUCH THIS!"



And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.”  So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.  Job 1:12 (NKJV)


I was one of those “Baby Boomers” who was born at home.  My Mom didn’t have much confidence in hospitals in the South, so my birth was attended by  a Midwife, however, she was unable to safely facilitate my birth. In fact, my neck was almost broken in the process and the doctor had to be summoned. I have long felt that the enemy had “a hit” out on me & my life (naturally & spiritually), and God stepped in and said “No!”  because He (God) had/has plans for me.


Our scripture is about the enemy wanting to take Job out and make him curse God.  Perhaps the adversary was afraid of the impact that Job’s testimony of overcoming all the tragedies thrown at him would have in the lives of Christians throughout the coming generations.  However, he could not do any more to Job than God allowed.  The same is true for Believers today.  He can not touch us without God’s permission.


When hard things come into our lives, we often wonder what we did wrong?  Sometimes it is because of something done right that God has the confidence that we can be trusted to pass the test.  After all, Job did not suffer because he had done anything wrong.  God just had confidence in Job's righteousness, loyalty, and ability to remain faithful to Him. May we face our challenges knowing that the enemy can go no further that God permits.


Blessings,

~CWP~


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim, The God of Creation

PASSION WEEK/HOLY WEEK

We Need This C.O.F.F.E.E.