“NEVER THE TWAIN SHALL MEET”

 


   

This quote by Rudyard Kipling reads in its entirety this way.  “Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet.”  “Twain” just means two.  Unfortunately, this quote did not enter my mind when I was  trying to understand the scripture below


Psalm 103:12  (NKJV)

As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

EAST <------------------------> WEST

This scripture deals with what God does with our transgressions/sins once we have repented and He has forgiven them.  Many of us have issues with understanding what forgiveness is and what it is not.  Some struggle with accepting God’s forgiveness because we can not understand how God could ever forgive us when we are unable (or unwilling) to forgive ourselves. Aren’t we  thankful for Isaiah 55:8?  “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD!” To forgive is contrary to our human nature, so the fact of His forgiveness is something that we just have to accept by faith.


What I am about to share will be humorous to some and understandably so.  When I began trying to “understand “  Psalm 103:12, with my intellect, I visualized an actual globe of the world.  As it spun from west to east, (left to right) east eventually ended up going west, and I was thoroughly  confused.  When I visualized a flat map, then the light bulb came on.  Duh!  It’s okay to laugh.  I did.  East always goes east, and west always goes west on into infinity.  Spiritual revelation: when God forgives, He forgets (is done with it).  However, because the enemy makes it challenging for us to forgive ourselves, we go back asking for forgiveness, while God is like ‘What are you talking about?’


May we accept by faith what God makes available to us through Christ and the plan of salvation that has repentance built right into it. 


Blessings!

~CWP~ 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim, The God of Creation

PASSION WEEK/HOLY WEEK

We Need This C.O.F.F.E.E.