A "FROGGY" WAY OF LIVING

 


                       

I live a  “FROGGY” Life!


Proverbs 3:5,6 (NLT)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek His Will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.


I’m a FROGGY kind of person. (No, I don’t mean that I actually like the amphibian nor am I interested in eating their legs.)   You are probably wondering what being “froggy” has to do with the above scripture. I will clear that up.  F.R.O.G. is an acronym that stands for Fully Relying On God.  According to the Cambridge English Dictionary, an acronym is an abbreviation consisting of the first letters of each word in the name of something pronounced as a word.”  FROG is an example. There have been times in my life that I did not understand Why, What, How, Which way, or even When.  However, as I matured in my faith and my journey,  I knew for an assurance the Who.  The Who is always God, Jehovah Jireh, My Provider.  Just as He graciously provided for Hagar and her son in the wilderness (Genesis 21:16-19) when she thought no one cared and that they would die, He also provides for us.


When we first start out in life, we depend on our parents to provide, when in actuality, it is God providing for us through them.  As we mature and get out on our own,  we eventually realize that God is the Provider even when He does so through others, the favor on our lives, or through opening doors that only He can open.  A stay at home wife or Mom may look to the husband to provide for the family,  but the truth is that God provides through him.  


A sister shared with me a while ago that she was trying to convince her husband that they needed to help others in need when the opportunity presented itself because God had blessed them so abundantly.  What precipitated this conversation?  While they were at a gas station, there was a college student at a pump who was only able to put $1 worth  of gas in his car.  She wanted to help, but her husband emphatically said “no”.  She was frustrated with his response which was that  ‘God had nothing to do with blessing them’.  He reasoned that because he went to work everyday, he (the husband) was the one who “blessed” them with money and things’.  In his opinion,  God was not even a consideration.  Sadly, he was blind to the fact that it was the Lord who blessed him to be able to get that education, Who gave him favor by opening the door for him to get the job, and the health to be able to perform it.


May we always have an attitude of gratitude for the blessings that God bestows on us.


Deuteronomy 8:18a,b  (NLT)  “Remember the Lord your God.  He is the one who gives you power to be successful...

Phil. 4:19  (KJV)  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.


Blessings.


~CWP~


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim, The God of Creation

PASSION WEEK/HOLY WEEK

We Need This C.O.F.F.E.E.